Friday, July 6, 2012


Reflection #5 Friday, July 6th, 2012

This was a fairly easy week. We didn’t do much due to the holiday and everything was pretty smooth sailing. In total, we had five worksheets, a test, and this blog. I can’t really remember Monday, but Tuesday was pretty good, for the most part. We had to study family terms and everything was good up until the part where kumu told us that since we were missing a whole day of work, we had four worksheets. Now, the worksheets were pretty easy, it was just the longevity of the papers that got to me. I tried to complete the two papers the first day and two papers on Fourth of July but I ended up doing three papers on Wednesday. All the worksheets were on verbs and I was never good at remembering terms like pronoun, adjective, ext. but I remembered verb, as anyone should. On Tuesday, I had gotten home and lay on my couch. I was tired, mentally not physically, and I had decided to give my brain a rest. That was a mistake, I learned because my laziness made me miss and entire day of work and put my entire workload into one day. When I had woken up on Wednesday, I had realized that all the papers were on my bed and that I had only completed one. This came to me as kind of what I expected by sleeping with my work but I had looked at the clock and it was 10:45. This is SO much later than I usually wake up and it kind of worried me. My philosophy is that if you wake up the day before at a later time than usual, than you’ll wake up late. I also believe that if you sleep later, you do the same thing. I got straight to work and it took me the whole day because I didn’t really want to rush through everything and get it wrong. I wanted to take my time because, honestly, I had no plans for Fourth of July. Once I had gotten to the last worksheet, I was better and more focused. I had turned in my work on time and totally completed to Khmu Kalani and felt better because now I knew that if that kind of even happened again, I could accomplish it. On Thursday, we had done a little preparation for the test that was today. I was pretty worried because I thought that the material that we were translating was going to be a two pages like the one we had gotten earlier in the week. But today, I had completed that portion with ease and went onto the second part of the test, which was writing a story, kind of like the day when Kumu got very upset and told us to write an entire page in Hawaiian. Actually, it was completely the same thing. Well, it was fun and hope that I got a good grade. Now it’s the weekend. Four weeks over, two to go. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment